Botox® Treatment in Mobile, AL
Patients who wish to augment their new smiles with fresh, youthful-looking facial skin can now do so through Botox® treatments available at Mobile Comprehensive Dentistry.
When you first hear that you can be treated with Botox® at your dentist's office it may sound strange, as dentists haven't done much about explaining the service and product, but consider some of these facts about your dentist and cosmetic dentistry services:
- Dentists are specialists in the oral and maxillofacial areas, making them one of the most qualified practitioners to supply Botox® treatment.
- Dentists are trained doctors and practiced in the facial musculoskeletal systems.
- Dentists are one of the most educated healthcare professionals regarding soft tissues, muscles, nerves and blood supply of the face.
- Dentists precisely understand your facial muscles.
- Dentists have proficient knowledge of the facial anatomy and extensive experience with injections.
- Dentists are the best choice to provide Botox® services to their patients and to realize the wonderful effects that Botox® treatment can have on the smile lines and facial esthetics.
- Dentists are already trained and experienced at using Botox® to treat dental problems like TMJ disorders and reducing fatigue of teeth clenching with the use of Botox® .
Facial wrinkles are inevitable. As we age, the skin around our mouths and eyes often becomes lined and wrinkled from exposure to natural elements, such as the sun and wind, as well as from the stretching and crinkling that occurs when we eat, smile, talk, and laugh. Botox® can minimize the appearance of those fine lines and wrinkles and make the face achieve a more youthful, radiant appearance.
Botox® is a purified protein that, when administered in low doses, relaxes facial muscles by blocking overactive nerve impulses. At Mobile Comprehensive Dentistry, Dr. O’Donnell will carefully place Botox® treatments into the specific facial muscles that create those fine lines and wrinkles, giving your skin a smooth, youthful look.
The effects of Botox® lasts approximately three to four months at which time another treatment is needed in order to maintain the skin’s smoothed appearance. This is one of the reasons that Botox® has such an incredible safety record. Botox® treatment by its nature is a temporary treatment and when the effects are gone, they are gone completely.
There are other innovative uses for Botox® in dentistry besides wrinkle reduction. Because Botox® treatments effectively relax the muscles into which they are injected, they are often used for therapeutic purposes. Botox® can play an important role in reducing or eliminating pain associated with:
- Disorders of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Chronic migraines
- Bruxism (grinding and clenching of the teeth)
Where other treatments fail, Botox® can excel at delivering significant relief. Having Botox® at Mobile Comprehensive Dentistry is a simple procedure with minor invasion and minimum discomfort. Noticeable results, no surgery, no recovery time, and in safe hands with Dr. O’Donnell - discover the benefits of Botox® at Mobile Comprehensive Dentistry.