Aligner Therapy in Mobile, AL.
People form first impressions within seconds, and one of the first features people notice is your smile. In order to form a more positive and lasting impression, whether socially or during business interaction, more and more people are turning to aligner therapy to improve their smiles. One of the primary concerns people often have about dental braces is the aesthetic impact of the metalwork on their smile. Especially for adults, the prospect of wearing braces for a long period of time can be very discouraging. Thanks to progress in digital orthodontics, aligners have established themselves as a true alternative to braces. With our in office technology at Mobile Comprehensive Dentistry, we are able to offer a state of the art solution to aligner manufacturing by 3D printing aligners easily and economically.
There are many reasons why our teeth can become crooked, too short, too long, rotated or spaced too far apart. While we can fix many of these issues with crowns, veneers or restorations, we often find that these problems can most effectively and efficiently be corrected through aligner therapy.
What is Aligner Therapy?
Aligner therapy is an orthodontic solution to straightening teeth. It offers an almost invisible alternative to metallic braces. Aligners are designed to methodically and gently shift teeth into proper alignment which is based on the specified movements your dentist has determined will correct the teeth. As your teeth change, you will change aligners to comfortably fit as the process continues.
What can Aligner Therapy help correct?
- Crowded Teeth
- Widely Spaced Teeth
- Rotated Teeth
- Teeth that are too long or too short
How do aligners differ from traditional braces?
Aligners offer a level of comfort and esthetics that you won't find with traditional braces. Aside from obvious visible benefits, here are some advantages of aligners over traditioanl metal braces:
- You can eat whatever foods you like to enjoy and do not have to be worried with food getting stuck in braces. You simply remove the aligner tray before you eat.
- Aligners allow you to brush and floss the way you are accustomed to. This is very important because teeth covered in metal brackets are more prone to decay and discoloration...much of which is undetectable until braces come off.
- Aligners are thin, smooth, comfortable plastic so there are no sharp edges like with traditional metal braces. They go virtually unnoticeable and sit comfortably in the mouth providing a natural smile throughout treatment.
- No painful adjustment appointments because with aligners, you simply move from one tray to the next as treatment progresses.
- Increased confidence without obtrusive metal braces on your teeth.
What is the process to get started?
- As with most treatments, the planning begins with a consultation between you and Dr. O'Donnell or Dr. Willis.
- A digital impression of your teeth is taken using our optical scanning devices - this technology captures clear, highly accurate impression data with no gooey impression material and no more gag reflex!
- Images are then uploaded to a custom computer program where the design is reviewed and course of treatment is determined
- Models and aligners are printed in office using our 3D printer - we are the only office in the Mobile area to be 3D printing.
We would be glad to see you in our office for a full evaluation. The ideal dental practice prides itself in providing comprehensive dentistry, which means providing general dentistry services as well as specialty care. We look forward to helping you achieve a bright, beautiful smile that will last a lifetime. Give us a call today!